GSOC
Siddhartha Sen
2018-11-27 16:36:19 UTC
I am Siddhartha Sen,currently pursuing my B.Tech degree in Information
Science and Engineering,2nd year. I have taken a keen interest in your
projects and have some ideas of my own as well. I am really interested in
working with you in G-SOC 2019. I am proficient in C and C++ and am eager
to work on brushing my skills in whichever field required. I have already
checked out the GCC trunk source-code and am being able to build GCC from
it.I have run the testsuite and saved the results. However, upon building
it and saving it again, the results don't match. I apologise for my lack of
knowledge but any help on your part would be great.
Thank You.
Martin Jambor
2018-11-28 17:16:02 UTC
Hi Siddhartha,
Post by Siddhartha Sen
I am Siddhartha Sen,currently pursuing my B.Tech degree in Information
Science and Engineering,2nd year. I have taken a keen interest in your
projects and have some ideas of my own as well. I am really interested in
working with you in G-SOC 2019.
We are delighted.
Post by Siddhartha Sen
I am proficient in C and C++ and am eager
to work on brushing my skills in whichever field required. I have already
checked out the GCC trunk source-code and am being able to build GCC from
it.I have run the testsuite and saved the results.
Great, those are all the essential first steps, it seems like you are
ready to work on your first patch.
Post by Siddhartha Sen
However, upon building
it and saving it again, the results don't match. I apologise for my lack of
knowledge but any help on your part would be great.
How did you compare the test results and which tests behaved
differently? How did you configure GCC? Was it on an x86_64?

Unfortunately, this sometimes happens. As far as I can tell, the libgo
testsuite is very flaky and I basically ignore its results. In the
past, I believe that also some guality tests sometimes passed and
sometimes did not, but I have not heard such reports recently. These
tests however also depend on the GDB (version) you have installed on
your system.

Martin