Bootstrap problem with genatautomata and sysroot
Steve Ellcey
2018-11-26 21:20:35 UTC
I am trying to do a bootstrap build of GCC using a newly built glibc in
a non standard location on my aarch64 platform (thunderx). This was working
up until a week or so ago but now I am running into a problem I haven't seen
before:

build/genautomata /home/sellcey/test-tot/src/gcc/gcc/common.md /home/sellcey/test-tot/src/gcc/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md \
insn-conditions.md > tmp-automata.c
build/genautomata: /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by build/genautomata)
Makefile:2326: recipe for target 's-automata' failed

Has anyone else seen this?

I am building binutils and an initial GCC into a sysroot location, then I build
glibc using that GCC and install it into that sysroot location and finally do
a full GCC build with bootstrap. It is the final bootstrap build that fails.
If I do a non-bootstrap build of the final GCC then it works.

I looked through the patches for the last couple of weeks to see if I could identify
what changed here but I haven't found anything. Maybe it was something in
glibc that changed.

Steve Ellcey
***@cavi
Andreas Schwab
2018-11-26 21:47:07 UTC
Post by Steve Ellcey
I looked through the patches for the last couple of weeks to see if I could identify
what changed here but I haven't found anything. Maybe it was something in
glibc that changed.
Most likely it only worked by accident so far. Last week the first
GLIBC_2.29 symbol has been added to libm.

Andreas.
--
Andreas Schwab, ***@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510 2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
Steve Ellcey
2018-11-27 00:14:12 UTC
External Email
Post by Steve Ellcey
I looked through the patches for the last couple of weeks to see if I could identify
what changed here but I haven't found anything. Maybe it was something in
glibc that changed.
Most likely it only worked by accident so far. Last week the first
GLIBC_2.29 symbol has been added to libm.
Andreas.
Yup, I backed off those glibc changes and I could build, so that seems
to be the problem. I guess if I want to build a complete toolchain
with bootstrap I will need to update th