GCC 7.4 Status Report (2018-11-22), GCC 7.4 RC1 scheduled for next week
Richard Biener
2018-11-22 09:30:23 UTC
Status
======

The GCC 7 branch is open for regression and documentation fixes.

I plan to do a GCC 7.4 release in a few weeks starting with a
first release candidate at the end of next week, likely Nov. 29th.

Please go through your assigned regression bugs and see which
fixes can be safely backported to the branch and consider smoke
testing the state of your favorite target architecture.

Quality Data
============

Priority # Change from last report
-------- --- -----------------------
P1
P2 241 + 77
P3 11 - 11
P4 177 + 23
P5 28
-------- --- -----------------------
Total P1-P3 252 + 66
Total 457 + 89

Previous Report
===============

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-01/msg00198.html
Iain Sandoe
2018-11-26 08:00:21 UTC
Post by Richard Biener
Status
======
The GCC 7 branch is open for regression and documentation fixes.
I plan to do a GCC 7.4 release in a few weeks starting with a
first release candidate at the end of next week, likely Nov. 29th.
Please go through your assigned regression bugs and see which
fixes can be safely backported to the branch and consider smoke
testing the state of your favorite target architecture.
In addition to a small number of Darwin-specific patches, I would like
to back-port the fix for PR81033 which although it is not mentioned as
a regression, is a wrong-code bug on 7.x. The fix was applied to trunk
in August, and to 8.x in Oct, with no reported problems. I checked
Darwin and Linux with the backport over the weekend with no issues
shown.

OK?
Iain
Richard Biener
2018-11-26 08:04:30 UTC
Post by Iain Sandoe
Post by Richard Biener
Status
======
The GCC 7 branch is open for regression and documentation fixes.
I plan to do a GCC 7.4 release in a few weeks starting with a
first release candidate at the end of next week, likely Nov. 29th.
Please go through your assigned regression bugs and see which
fixes can be safely backported to the branch and consider smoke
testing the state of your favorite target architecture.
In addition to a small number of Darwin-specific patches, I would like
to back-port the fix for PR81033 which although it is not mentioned as
a regression, is a wrong-code bug on 7.x. The fix was applied to trunk
in August, and to 8.x in Oct, with no reported problems. I checked
Darwin and Linux with the backport over the weekend with no issues
shown.
OK?
Yes.

Richard.
Post by Iain Sandoe
Iain
--
Richard Biener <***@suse.de>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)
Andreas Krebbel
2018-11-26 15:20:42 UTC
Post by Richard Biener
Status
[...]

[...]